Latest technological innovation Capsularis
Liposomal vitamin C
optimised bioavailability, stability and efficiency
Capsularis, expert in microencapsulation, offers you its new technology for manufacturing liposomes guaranteed without solvents or surfactants. We are working on new technologies capable of bringing real added value to your finished products, always with the utmost respect for human health and the environment.
What is a liposome?
The liposome is a small, ultra-structured spherical matrix. It is composed of a concentric bilayer of phospholipids. The phospholipids, formed from a glycerol linked to two fatty acids and a phosphate group, are amphiphilic lipids.
Consisting of a polar head (the glycerol, affinity with water) and two apolar tails (the fatty acids, affinity with the lipids), this characteristic gives them the possibility of organising themselves in a circular manner when placed under precise and well-controlled conditions in an aqueous medium.
The micro-vesicles thus formed will then trap an aqueous compartment and remain in suspension in the solution containing them.
The liposome allows the encapsulation of hydrophilic actives in its core or lipophilic actives in the apolar central space of the phospholipid bilayer.
Interests of an ingredient in liposomal form
Optimised protection and stability
The liposomal form helps to protect sensitive ingredients from degradation and ensures better stability over time.
Transport and biocompatibility assured
The cell membranes of the human body have exactly the same organisation in lipid bilayers. The use of natural phospholipids to make liposomes creates a biocompatible structure that mimics cell membranes. The liposome then serves as a transport vehicle, it can fuse with the biological membranes and release the active ingredient(s) it contains in a targeted manner. Absorption is therefore controlled.
The ingredient contained in the liposome is protected, optimally transported and made more bioavailable.
Our liposomal vitamin C
Proven health benefits :
- Helps reduce fatigue (ID139, ID622*)
- Strong antioxidant power to neutralise excess free radicals, essential for cell protection. It protects cells from oxidative stress and premature cellular ageing. (ID129, ID138, ID143, ID148, ID3331)
- Contributes to the normal formation of collagen to ensure the normal function of the skin, teeth and gums, bones, cartilage and blood vessels (ID130, ID131, ID137, ID149, ID136)
- Helps the immune system to function properly (during and after strenuous exercise) (ID134, ID4321, ID144) and the nervous system (ID1333)
- Contributes to normal psychological functions (ID140)
- Contributes to normal energy metabolism (ID2334, ID3196, ID135) and increases iron absorption (ID132, ID147)
- Contributes to the regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E (ID202)
L’ANSES (national food, environment and occupational health safety agency) recommend a daily intake of 110 mg.
*number of the claim authorised by EFSA (European Food Safety Authority)
For more information on this innovation, contact us!